Sunday, September 23, 2012

Family

We had a lovely family weekend!! The only downfall of this weekend is that we may have spent a bit too much money. But let me breakdown of what we did. 

I got it in my head that I needed to sell a bunch of stuff that I had, but I did not know how much stuff we had in our attic!! My poor husband had major work to get it all down. We spent about two hours getting the stuff down and then beginning to organize and start throwing some stuff away (I can't even believe that I kept some of the things I did).

Then my poor L was begging for food practically. So, we decided to go to Rainforest Cafe. The last time we tried to go there M was little and she was soooooo not having it. We ended up paying for the drinks we had just ordered and left. This time we actually got to eat there. But, L has some auditory issues associated with his ASD so when the thunderstorms came on, someone needed to cover his ears for him. 

We then ran over to the Halloween store to see if they had the costumes my kids have chosen this year (sadly not themed as in years past). Both of my kids were not happy with all the "scary" stuff in the store and it didn't have either costume. 

Later that evening we saw Finding Nemo in 3D! L wears noise canceling headphones in the theatre so he can enjoy the movie and eat popcorn at the same time :)

They both got a new DS game with money they were either given and/or earned. 

Today we went to church where L had kids church and M had her jr. high class.

It's been a LOVELY weekend!!!!  

I didn't mention P's family work day because they postponed it. :(  He was quite shook up after the incident the other day. It was quite tragic. After everything was said and over, two people were killed. Awful. So thankful to God for protecting my husband. I know he was nowhere near the incident, but he had to hear a lot on his radio while it was happening, I'm glad he didn't have to see anything. 

Now I have to tackle my mess in my family room. Oh my!!  But between a mom to mom sale and a garage sale I'm hoping to get rid of most of it! Then we have cleaned out our shed, garage and attic!!!

Tonight in about 40 minutes is the Emmy Awards!! I'm very excited this year for some reason!! I love Mayim Bialik! I love her on The Big Bang Theory! If she doesn't win tonight, she will be robbed!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

2 comments: