Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Stay on Track

My new mantra!!!

I need to break old bad habits and create new healthy ones. My worst habit, watching tv at night and snacking. It's a work in progress. I will say last night I was watching tv and my snack of choice was soooooo much better. Watermelon (2 oz.) and 2 string cheese.

Next bad habit, no exercise. Yes I joined the gym, but have only been twice. On nights when I simply can't get over there, we are doing Wii Fit, I've decided. I even thought about buying the Zumba for the Wii. Something to at least get me moving for a half an hour a day at least. My kids thought it was great yesterday. We made it fun. The Wii Fit became a game (duh, it's a video game). We all took turns playing. I tried to do only aerobics so I would get my heartrate up while moving. My daughter ended up doing about a half an hour of working out too.

Last bad habit, not enough water. In my pre-op I had bought this cup with a straw and it was about 20 oz. so it was pretty easy to drink 3 a day. I had no issues in pre-op getting my water in. Now, I don't think I've done it once :( Bad habit. My office says no-no to straws.

On another note, I had some dental work done yesterday and am not feeling well as a result. I don't think he sanded the filling down enough, my bite seems off and I am super sore (he told me I would be). It doesn't help that for some reason a headache has decided to join the party. One thing about having the band that I didn't really notice until recently, my mini-migraines I suffer (yep, that's what my doctors call it, they are DAILY, fun right?) have been controlled by meds but a few sneak in, but since losing weight I've been feeling better. I had forgotten what this felt like. Yuck....

I made pulled pork in the crockpot yesterday. I think I cooked it too long. It was a bit dry, but still tasted good. Ate 2 oz. with some BBQ sauce, no bun and 2 oz. of squash for dinner (how does my portion sound to you veterans?).

Well, we have an orthodontist appointment for M today...wonder what color rubber bands she's going to pick this time? Last time 6 weeks ago she picked red, white and blue in anticipation of the Fourth of July. She likes to color coordinate her braces with holidays. Isn't she awesome?!

What are you up to today?

1 comment:

  1. I'm assuming you mean 2 oz by volume (not weight?)...that sounds spot on. And yummy.

    ReplyDelete