Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Does this sound like a good portion?

2 oz. of shredded chicken (weighed on a digital scale)
1 oz. of bell pepper (weighed on a digital scale)
1 tortilla
1/4 cup 2% milk mild cheddar cheese
2 tbsp. reduced fat sour cream


I made crock pot fajitas today (sooooooo good by the way) and this is what I put together. I'm full. I'm losing weight well, I think. I was losing it very fast for a while, now I'm at the 2 lb. a week thing. I just wanted to check to see if I was spot on portion size and well other than my clinic you are my only band friends.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds a little light on the chicken/protein to me. Doesn't LBG have 3 oz snack portions.
    Being British, I don't get cups but 1/4 cup of cheese sounds like a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was in total 251 calories, 11g of fat and 23g of protein, that was everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Portions sound ok. I would maybe do a little more chicken and drop the tortilla. But I try to avoid carbs because of my PCOS. When I make fajitas I eat it out of a bowl. Add some avocado. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have PCOS too! I haven't really been doing any bread or anything like that, but today, yep I had to ;) Well, didn't HAVE to....wanted to....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that sounds great! I don't know, I know some say no "white bread" like the tortilla - my philosphy is have a little when you feel you really want it but don't make it the norm.

    ReplyDelete