Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Whew.  We made it through that plateau.  Any other time in my life, diet wise, I would have given up.  Seriously...would have just said, forget about it, it's not working, it's not worth it, let's eat!

This time, I went back to basics, jumped back on the "band wagon" (see what I did there??) and well, it's starting to come down again.

Whew.  I made it through.

I am so close to another one of my personal goals, I'm talking like 0.6 lbs away.  It's really exciting.

This morning's weigh in was good.  I'm officially down 87.4 lbs.  I've noticed for me the biggest thing is my protein.  My protein count HAS to be high.  Like mega-high.  I know when I went for my nutrition appointments they said originally 60-80 grams a day.  Then a month later they said they are finding people are having more success closer to the 80 gram mark.  I asked if I could bump mine up, I'm closer to 100-110 grams a day.  The nutritionist said the biggest thing to remember is not to have more than 45 grams per meal. 

I have also really bumped up that water intake.  I know a lot of you kick butt in the water department, like half of your weight in ounces, I can't do that.  I feel like a rock star if I get 4 - 16.9 ounce bottles in me.  I try to drink 3 between leaving for work and returning home and one while at home at night.  If I get one in while driving into work, two while at work and then one at home, that about does it for me.

So, here I am, a happy bandster again.

What I'm not happy about is the weather.  I can't complain about our weather here with all the poor people on the east coast enduring what they are, bless their hearts.  I hope if you are on that side of our country, you are safe and dry and your home is safe. 

We are just getting a piece of Sandy here and my daughter's school is actually without power today because of it.  So, she and I are home today.  She's enjoying time alone with no brother to bother her.  She's going to be able to play on the Wii and watch tv, but also get some studying and reading in for school as well. 

Halloween is tomorrow, the weather is supposed to be awful, but see I feel bad even saying that because there are kids on the east coast who can't even trick or treat.  Awful.  Awful.  Sigh.

But, to brighten your day just a touch, my new blog friend Jen over at What you Lookin at Skinny?? has pics up from her Halloween weekend....check out her hubby and then look my two from 2 years ago.......I told her I would post my almost 5 year old (then, he's almost 7 now) costume to show her!!  Yes, they were Scooby and Daphne.  I loved the themed costumes....sadly this year they are two totally different things.  Things they love, but not related.

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for busting through a plateau!!! You are so close to your personal goal! Way to get back to basics. I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww - cute pics. Glad you beat the plateau.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute!! I can't wait to see this years costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute pic of the kiddos! Your Scooby is way cuter than mine!

    ReplyDelete