Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I'm just plain tired!!!

To all of you that work out of your home, you get big props from me!!!

I do frequently work outside of our home, but it's been like 6 or 7 months since I did last and just the first two days are kicking my butt!!

Let me go back, when I got the call I let them know that it was really important to me that if my kids are sick, field trip, etc. that I would need to be the one to stay home with them.

Enter Murphy's law. L got a fever the night before I was supposed to start work. But, in this case I really didn't feel it was right to call in on my very first day. So, my mother-in-law has graciously helped us out by keeping him the last two days. Tomorrow however, he has mommy at home with him and I'm off on Fridays. So, we have a trip to our family doctor in the morning to see what's going on. His fever is down but this cough, ugh.

I've had a bit of an ego boost this week, I think I may have told you already last week about one, but I've had two people within a week not recognize me! Now, these are people I see quite frequently. One of them is my sister-in-law( who I adore) and the other one was my Pastor's wife who I see typically once, twice and sometimes even three times a week :) Thank you ladies!!!!!

In other band related news, I'm doing pretty good. I've upped my protein shake from an 8 oz. to a 12 oz. shake. That way I know I'm getting more protein in everyday.

We went with friends to a very fun cider mill on Sunday (I will post some pics tomorrow) and on our way we stopped at Hardee's. There is not one single band friendly thing to eat on that menu. Well, they did have grilled chicken and a turkey burger, but I would like to take them off the bun and I was driving. So, since I had such a big shake that morning (a knew I was going to be getting in some senseless doughnut calories in) that I was going to skip lunch. I know not the greatest choice, but honestly what I had in the shake is easily calorie and more protein then what I usually have breakfast and lunch combined anyway. I did let myself have a sweet tea and I took a couple bites out of P's burger a few small fries so I wasn't starving but I think it was just a better choice.

When I went back to work, I saw quite a few people who knew that I was having the surgery because I had just left like 6-8 weeks before it. So, I got a few questions about it. One of them I hadn't heard yet, "Do you throw up a lot?" I answered her honestly, nope, only 3 times in the 6 months since my surgery.

That was until that exact same night. P says I jinxed myself. I don't know if I ate the roast I made too quickly or the broccoli was too "I can't think of a good word to describe....vegatabley" or if my band has been a little tight due to stress but my mom-in-law stayed and ate with us and I was pretty miserable. After she left I just couldn't get past the feeling, finally I just ran (literally) to the bathroom. PB. And well, relief.

So, I'm not sure what I weigh because with work I can't weigh myself at the right time of day. I'll have to see tomorrow or Friday.

Hope you all are good!!!!!!!


  1. You will get back in the groove with the work thing. Sorry your lil guy got sick... hope he feels better soon!

  2. Hope everyone is well soon! Sick kids are no fun.

    Isn't it funny when people don't recognize you? I always feel kind of weird too because I still see ME so why don't they?? :)