Thursday, May 24, 2012

Post-Op Day 3

"Today is a new day."........anyone know what famous movie character said that? That's right, Chicken Little. Famous?, you say. Well, he's famous in most homes with children under the age of 12.

But, it's true. Today is a new day. And with that new day came the inspiration to get up! And go to Wal-Mart! That's right, I ventured out to Wal-Mart. With my trusty side-kick, Dad we headed to Wally World to pick up a few items to help me begin the next chapter in this new life I've begun. Today's chapter is full liquids. And well, since I can't pick up a gallon of milk, Dad was along for the drive (and he was the chauffeur).

Today I began to eat foods I have not had in a while. Cream of mushroom soup (minus the mushrooms), sugar free pudding, yogurt and the handy dandy protein shakes.

We ended up at Kroger as well because Wal-Mart did not have the chocolate flavored Body Fortress protein shake I wanted. Only chocolate peanut butter and well, we are a pb free home due to L's allergy.

I'm feeling better bit by bit, day by day. I have an awesome husband and family and friends who have helped out and pitched and called to check on me. It's so appreciated.

My first post-op appointment is June 5th. Can't wait to see what the scale says then!

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment