Friday, November 29, 2013

Friday Weigh In

Last week's weight: 164.8
This week's weight: 163.8
This week's weight loss: -1 lb
Total weight loss: 152.2 lbs

Considering we had a big birthday weekend that consisted of a several day celebration for my husband and Thanksgiving thrown in this week, I'll take it!! I did see a lower number yesterday (163.2) but that was before we ate our Thanksgiving meal. How did y'all do? I tried to stay mainly liquid until we went to eat at my parents house. My plan was to eat on a small plate. That didn't happen. I did mainly eat my protein first, drank very little calories (that didn't include protein i.e. protein shake) and a bunch of water (101.4 oz). Other than that I tried not to overthink it. I over analyze every piece of food I put in my mouth now, which is both good and bad. I think it could eventually drive me to the point of madness if I don't start using it constructively or wisely. 

As you can tell by numbers above, I've almost lost 1/2 of my body weight. I have about 6 more lbs to go. In my really fast losing stage that would take 2 weeks. Now, probably more like 6. This is my goal. I've never outwardly said it on my blog. 158. My goal. 

My clinic on the other hand would like to see more like 140-145. Then I would be in the "normal" BMI range. Right now I'm still considered overweight. 

But I'm getting there. My lapband is just over 18 months old now. We keep pushing on.

One thing I would like to point out is how many plateaus I've hit in this journey. A ton!! But, having this tool is so different for me because it was never like a diet. A diet I would easily give up and go back to my old ways. Even knowing how many calories and fat grams were in something, I'd still eat it. Now, it's made it's way into my brain. Things are a lot easier to turn down. Do I always? No. Do I try? Absolutely!

I'll give you an example. The other day our company received an honor for being one of the best companies to work for. Two of the recruiters in our office made their way to the party and brought back cupcakes. I ate one. A few days later they passed out special candy bars with special packaging as a thank you, I did two things, first looked at the fat grams (20!!!) and second to see if it was nut free (was thinking about taking it home to my family - nope). So I gave it to one if the recruiters. So, I made a better choice. Could I have eaten it? Oh absolutely! But 20 g of fat? In ONE candy bar. Not worth it. 

I'm still learning as I go. Still losing but almost at the point of maintenance. I think if I get to 158 I should be proud and happy. If I never lose another lb I have lost 1/2 my body weight. But still work towards the 140-145 mark and see if I can get there. Might take me a while. Weight fell of FAST at first. Not so much anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment