1. Well, my weigh in day has been on Thursdays. I did weigh myself this morning and really liked what I saw. 189.6. :) I'm coming along!!!!!!
2. I have an appointment in approximately 3 weeks to begin a discussion and have an initial consultation with a plastic surgeon regarding skin removal surgery. I do want these surgeries cosmetically but based on the excess amount of skin I have, I imagine it's medically necessary as well. I do not plan on having anything done until I reach 170, even if she's willing to do it earlier.
3. I've been thinking lately about all my tricks that have helped bring me the success I've had on this journey thus far and thought maybe I'd include them as the rest of my list. I know they may seem like old hat for some of you seasoned bandsters but for the newbies I hope they help!!
4. I always try to drink a bottle of water first thing in the morning. Before I eat something or drink a cup if coffee. In fact, I don't let myself have anything, most of the time until I've had that bottle of water. Same thing before lunch.
5. I've been pretty strict with myself on the 30 min before and 30 min after rule and drinking.
6. Convenience foods. This was always a big downfall for me when I would "diet". It was a lot easier to grab a bag of chips than to cut celery or watermelon for a snack. So, I try to cut things up as soon as I get home from the grocery store. That way I have no excuses.
7. I love ranch and dill dips for veggies. But the calorie and fat content isn't worth it. I do not like Greek yogurt. BUT, I found if you buy the plain (make sure it's plain and not vanilla - made that mistake once - um, gross) and mix in a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch either their ranch or dill dip into it, you get a low calorie, low fat, high protein snack!!!
8. Snacking. I'm notorious for snacking so I had to find alternatives. Pretzel crisps. Again, lower fat (actually I think they may almost be fat free), lower calorie and they give you the crunch you need. 94% fat free popcorn with Kernel Seasons flavoring. Laughing Cow cheese spread. And my go to often, light string cheese. Oh and my kids favorite I've had in the house since full liquids, sugar free fudgesicles.
9. Going out to eat. Look at menus before you go and figure out what you are going to eat. If you have a game plan in mind, it's a lot easier than trying to figure out what's the healthiest/tastiest option.
10. Know that if you aren't perfect it's ok but not to go back to old habits. You did a lot of hard to have this surgery. You want to loose weight and be healthy. So, don't sell yourself short. I've hit MANY, MANY plateaus in this journey I never thought I'd get out of. Really was stuck in the 220's forever!! But, if you push yourself and remind yourself you can so this, you can!!!