Saturday, March 2, 2013

Frustrated Anyone?

I need encouragement from real life bandsters who after being banded about 9 months in, found themselves slowing down weight loss wise and getting very frustrated. Thus the lack of wanting to post.

And falling back into old ways. Almost feel like I'm failing.

But how could I possibly be failing, I'm still over 100 lbs loss, an amazing accomplishment. My hubby says I'm being too hard on myself. I'm sure I am to an extent, but I want to keep moving forward.

I need new fresh ideas.

Also, I'm having some surgery that could just be simple with a week recovery to up to several weeks recovery. I am having my band unfilled for it. I'm actually not too worried about it because I feel like it may almost "reboot" me and my band. Thoughts on that???

Ok, I would really love a ton of feedback. This girl needs it!!!

4 comments:

  1. I completely slowed down at 8 months, but I didn't really get frustrated about it. I was still losing about 1/2 a pound a week and I figured that was better than gaining :) Good luck with your surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 3 years out and I still want to lose more. 100 pounds down is amazing! Give yourself the credit you deserve. Just think, if you didn't have a band, would you be down this much and do you think you could keep it off? I just have to concentrate on the positive and know that even if I don't lose the rest of the weight I want to lose, I'm so much healthier and happier than I was. And I look better too. Just step back and take time to appreciate where you are and how you got there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed with your accomplishments so far. It is hard to see yourself slow down right about the time all the "tricks" get boring. When I feel that way, i do a liquid day. Sounds like you may go through some of that as you get slowly refilled after surgery. Just remember to re-read your band rules...I find them easily forgotten if I'm not careful. Jean's blog is good for this (On the Bandwagon). Good Luck...Keep Blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely slowed down after time. I think that like anything, you have to try some new stuff to make it fresh. Some new exercise, new recipes, etc. I do like the "resets" that I felt like I got when I had to do liquids only after a fill, so maybe try a liquids day like Tina said?

    ReplyDelete