Sunday, June 16, 2013

Daddy's Day

Dads. I have two pretty awesome ones in my life. My own dad. And my kids' dad. 

My dad, is a man from the south. Who met my mom at Bible college in the south. My mom is from the north but comes from a family from the south. So, I think she has a foot in both sides of the country ;) My dad is a hard working, ethical man. I don't remember him ever calling into work sick. Even if he was. He has integrity like no other. He means business when he was disciplining you as a child so we paid attention and learned better and this was a good thing because I believe it taught my brother and I to be respectful and kind in a world of disrespect and unkindness. 

My husband is my very best friend. We laugh together. Are nerds together. We love each other more and more every day. He and I met when we were only 16 and 17. I was just getting ready to graduate from high school and he had a year left. We've been together ever since (20 years next month - yikes that flew by). I could not ask for a better man to be a daddy to my babies. He is an awesome worker, a teacher of right and wrong, a teacher of Christ and a goof ball. What else do you need in a daddy? Oh yeah, and he changed diapers and helps with homework. 

So to the two daddies, I love you. And thank you for everything!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Having good Dads in our lives makes everything so much better. I couldn't ask for a better husband and Dad to my kids, so I hear you!!! I hope you all had a great Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete