2. My NP popped her head in for a brief moment to ask how I did and when she heard how much I had lost, she gave me a warning. I say popped her head in because if I had "officially" seen her, I'd be paying for it, but my nutritionist is free. She told me that some Roux-en-Y patients end up with gall bladder issues after their surgery and they start losing a good majority of their weight. Apparently, I'm keeping a rate of weight loss with Roux-en-Y patient vs. a Lap Band patient. So, they want me to keep an eye out for gall bladder issues. Should I have any, my bariatric surgeon could remove my gall bladder..... Did you know this was complication? I didn't. Sigh.
3. My daughter has been working her BUTT off in school. 7th grade is HARD! But, she is reaping the rewards. First marking period is over and although I don't have her "official" report card yet, I can keep up with her grades online and as long as they stayed the same (forgot to check at the end of the week of the marking period), she has all A's and 1 B. AND the B was in Gym!! Way to go M! She was rewarded with a new game for the Wii she really wanted.....would have been a great Christmas gift, but she deserves it!
4. L has been doing pretty good in school too. We just have a lot of behavioral stuff to work with him on the ASD. I think those things will come along as he gets older, more mature, more understanding!!
5. L had his birthday parties (yes, you read right parties....we had 2) this weekend. We had our first sleepover with cousin E, who is his dad's younger brother's son. They are only 7 months apart. I don't have his parents permission to put his pic on my blog, yet, so you just have pics of my kids from this weekend to look at :) E, is very good at trying to figure out L. They are buddies!!
6. We both had election day off this year. Actually, we all had election day off this year. The kids were home with us too! P and I got up and went to polls pretty early in the morning and voted. Here's a pic from the morning. I apologize in advance for no make up on me and the weird pic face he tends to do.......sigh.
7. My darling hubby is an awesome daddy! My parents bought our son a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Secret Sewer Lair Playset, while my in-laws awesomely bought all the TMNT to go with the playset!! However, the playset, has to be put together. Here is a hard working Daddy, tired after a 10 hour day at work, and roughly a 2 hour drive to and from work, working on putting it together. It's a 2 day project to say the least :) (P.S. I took this pic with Instagram)
8. My church is doing a Pinterest party for our ladies Christmas party and I have so many ideas on what to do for it! I am going to try to go out today and get the supplies for the things I need to get it done....or maybe tomorrow...yeah, tomorrow might be better!!
9. It's getting quite cold here! Winter coats, hats and gloves have come out of our closets and onto our bodies!! We have not seen any snow but I bet it'll happen sooner than later!
10. It's almost time for our tree!!! I'm getting excited about putting our decorations up! We always do it the day after Thanksgiving (which coincidentally is my hubby's birthday this year as well). I'm paying a friend come give the house a good clean before we put the tree up that week so I feel fresh and clean before the holidays start! I think I might be more excited about that maybe.......any moms or women in general out there get that? Just me? I know it can't be just me!!